The Time Line of Hotel Marques de Prado Ameno in Old Havana
- 1712 – Year in which perseverance of the existence of the property exists.
- 1725 – First restoration of the large house.
- 1810 – One has perseverance that the large house belonged to the Cárdenas' lineage.
- 1864 – It is inherited by Mrs. María Teresa de Cárdenas y Chacón, daughter of the IV Marques de Prado Ameno, Don Miguel of Cárdenas and Herrera.
- 1898 – Deceased Mrs. María Teresa de Cárdenas y Chacón, leave as heirs to their husband and children.
- 1904 – The Large house is sold by its owners.
- 1910 – It is mortgaged in favor of the denominated Society "Amour and Company." They began, also, the first transformations of the beginnings of the last century.
- 1916 – Bought the Marques de Prado Ameno old house: Don Ernesto Sarrá and Hernández who carried out equally in her some remodeling works, transforming it at vicinity home, with rent rooms.
- 1996 – It begins to be intervened by the Historian Office of the Havana City for their restoration.
- 2000 – The process of restoration of the old housing of the marquises begins.
- 2008 (May, 15) – Hotel Marques de Prado Ameno is inaugurated by Eusebio Leal in honor to their old residents.
Welcome to my site dedicated to the Hotel Marques de Prado Ameno in Old Havana. I am "poco a poco" researching and updating it with the aim to provide as complete as possible record of the hotel's ancient and recent history; bearing in mind that the goings-on today may one day be of historical interest.
My site is NOT the official website of the current hotel operator, and is by no means endorsed by them; but I am grateful for their help with the research.
You can make from this site room reservations through the Bizloco eTravel System operated by Cubaism Ltd.
Best wishes for 2017
Nigel Alexander Hunt